Santa Sacks - PLS Project

Hi everyone,

It's Damaris again.  I'm back and I've really enjoyed sharing my projects and thought process with you on the Pretty Little Studio blog,

I thought for today, it would be fun to take you through how I created what I like to call "Santa Sacks".  I named them that because they resemble Santa's gift sack, but we can fill them with anything we'd like.  Gift Cards, Candy, Jewelry, Cash, Notes, Small Stamps for our crafty friends, or anything fun!  Even coal!  (hehe)

I started off with a bare sack.  I believe these were purchased at the Michael's dollar section, but I don't recall.  These are made of canvas material and are very easy to alter.  But you are welcome to use anything you have in stock.  Target and Walmart also sells similar sacks.

Using a stencil and modeling paste, I created a fun snowy background, similar to my December Daily cover in my 2nd guest post.  I let that dry for 15-30 minutes (while I worked on my DD inserts), then came back to it and added a layer of colored sprays.  I used Studio Calico mini inkers in pink and mint.  I like to pull the applicator out of the bottle and flick it in the direction and area I want it to land on my project, otherwise, it will go where it wants to.


I let that sit for another 15 minutes and then came back with my embellishments... starting with Pretty Little Studio diecuts and fun images I began layering things over the plain white doilies.  The snowman was actually fussy cut out from a sticker set packaging.  I really love that they include those freebies with many of their products!  I used Tonic Studios Nuvo Adhesive to apply the snowman and dimensional adhesive for the Santa diecut.


Once the doilies and diecuts were secured, I used stickers, liquid pearls, white Nuvo drops and clear Nuvo drops to add more texture and interest to the sack.  There's enough room to add To and From names, or just leave them blank.



These were super quick and simple to make and will surely brighten the spirit of those receiving them.


I want to thank you for joining me on this 4 day journey with Pretty Little Studio.  I have had the most fun playing with a few of the supplies from their shop.

I'd also like to invite you to visit the Pretty Little Studio Instagram page and my Instagram page (see below) today for a fun little giveaway.  I chose 5 items from the "Dream Big" collection to giveaway, and by following the directions to enter (which includes following both of our IG accounts), you will be entered to win that fun prize pack.


I wish you all a wonderful holiday season filled with fun, laughter and tons of completed projects.

Take care and don't forget to find me on the World Wide Web!

Instagram:  https://www.instagram.com/atstudiod/

Facebook:  https://www.facebook.com/atstudiod/

Pinterest:  https://www.pinterest.com/atstudiod/
-AtStudioD

No comments